Basic Chick Care
- Freed scrambled eggs once a day for the first week + to make for strong healthy chicks.
- Medicated chick feed is not necessary with proper sanitation practices.
- Only purchase chicks vaccinated for Mereks.
- Keep waterers and feeders clean and full at all times.
- Have a separate brooder and initial living area for new chicks as they build their immune system.
- Keep brooders away from drafty windows and cold night temps.
- Have a low light in brooder space for chicks that may wander off from brooder heater plate at night.